Associate at Harb Law Firm, Joy’s experience includes advising corporations in relation to a wide spectrum of domestic and cross-border transactions and agreements including those related to finance, banking, and franchising. He has participated on a number of transactions and advised on a variety of domestic and international corporate transactions including restructuring, acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and private equity.
Hi experience also covers public policy matters and public liberty cases. Moreover, Joy handles several criminal and commercial litigation cases.
Joy has co-authored several Capital Markets, Banking and Finance articles and manuals published by globally-reputable legal information resources
In 2014, he joined the World Bank – International Finance Corporation (Washington, DC) as a short-term legal consultant for the Doing Business 2015 report.
Joy’s significant and recent representative experience includes:
- -Representing major clients during acquisitions process, and drafting share purchase agreements, due diligence reports, shareholders agreements and other ancillary documents.
- -Representing a major financial institution on investment schemes including the establishment of funds, drafted the relevant Private Placement Memorandum and liaised with the Capital Market Authority and the Lebanese Central Bank.
- -Representing a prominent media figure in a case related to freedom of expression.
- -Advising members of the Lebanese parliament on multiple public policy matters and the drafting of several projects of law.
- -Representing multiple joint-stock companies carrying out technology, F&B, agricultural and pharmaceutical business activities in Lebanon and the GCC and offers them transactional and general corporate services.
Areas of Expertise
- -Banking and Finance
- -Corporate Law
- -Public Policy
- -JD in private law, St Joseph University in Beirut
- -Master of Laws degree (LLM), Cornell University.
Me. Lahoud is admitted to the Beirut Bar since 2012
Arabic, English and French.